On www.societyfordiversity.com, there is as article that discusses 5 ways that managers can improve and create a diverse working environment. Many companies will try to and hire employees of different backgrounds to create a more diverse workplace. Growing a positive environment with diversity allows employees to feel comfortable in sharing their ideas with their colleagues and to their leadership. For managers and workplace leaders to have a more diverse and inclusive working relationship, the article suggests to follow these 5 tips:
- Break the ice in the morning (the morning sets the tone for the day).
- Shake up your meetings (allows entry-level or mid-level positions to hold their own meetings).
- Utilize informal meeting spaces (encourage staff to use lounges to interact).
- Sponsor three-person lunches (smaller groups allow all individuals to join the conversation).
- Hold events that build new relationships (team-building exercises outside of work).
Diversity recruiting is the next best thing for companies. It creates the best of the best teams and a team will follow their leader fluidly without question if they feel like they will be fully supported. Regardless of the issue at hand, if employee’s ideas or beliefs are different from everyone else’s, they may still feel encouraged and productive within their environment.
Alana N. Williams is the CEO and Senior Investigator of J.A. Investigative Services, LLC. J.A. Investigative Services is a licensed and insured investigation agency that specializes in conducting professional and comprehensive Workplace Harassment Investigations and Workplace Harassment Prevention Training. Services and trainings are offered nationwide. Alana is a collegiate Criminal Justice Instructor and a police officer with 10 years of experience. Also, Alana is a Licensed Private Investigator and a Certified EEO Investigator that has conducted over 70 trainings and guest appearances with audiences of 200+.
J.A. Investigative Services, LLC.
445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 4050
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334) 721-3970 Office